How to use IXINITY.
See how using IXINITY means less waste.
IXINITY comes in a fully collapsible, 100% recyclable carton—so it takes up less space in the recycle bin and is better for the planet.
Vial strengths: Flexibility for dosing.
- Available in color-coded 500, 1000, and 1500 IU single-use vials.1
- Multi-vial packs are available for those who need higher doses.
Storage and handling: No refrigeration required.
- IXINITY can be refrigerated or stored at room temperature (2–25°C, 36–77°F).1
- IXINITY should not be frozen, and the vial(s) should be kept in the carton and protected from light.1
- Do not refrigerate after reconstitution.1
The reconstituted solution should be infused immediately or within 3 hours of storage at room temperature after reconstitution.1
Reconstitution kit: Convenience in preparation.
- Pre-assembled syringe with plunger attached
- Secure syringe-to-vial connection
- Vacuum seal for ease of drawing diluent into vial
- Large (20 mL) LUER-LOK™ Administration Syringe included
See the IXINITY Instructions for Use section (page 22) of the IXINITY package insert for reconstitution, pooling, and administration instructions.
Watch Brian Rodgers reconstitute IXINITY.
Complete components for reconstitution and administration.
Before starting you will need the following items:
- One (or more) vial(s) of IXINITY 500, 1000, or 1500 IU powder, as prescribed by your healthcare provider
- One 10 mL syringe, pre-filled with 5 mL of Sterile Water for Injection (Pre-filled Syringe) with plunger rod attached
- Sterile vial adapter with filter
- One sterile 20 mL LUER-LOK syringe (Administration Syringe)
- Alcohol swabs
- Sterile infusion set
- Sterile gauze pad
- Sterile bandage
IXINITY is supplied in kits that include single use vials of IXINITY (500, 1000, or 1500 IU of powder), a 10 mL syringe pre-filled with 5 mL of Sterile Water for Injection with plunger rod attached (to be used for reconstitution only), a sterile vial adapter with filter and a sterile 20 mL LUER-LOK syringe (Administration Syringe).
See the IXINITY Instructions for Use (page 22 of the package insert) for reconstitution, pooling, and administration instructions.
Get Custom Ancillaries.
You choose the ancillary supplies you want delivered with IXINITY (butterfly needles, alcohol wipes, gauzes, bandages, tourniquets), so you receive the supplies you need. Check out the IXINITY Custom Ancillaries Form.
If you use multiple vials of IXINITY for each infusion, reconstitute each vial following steps described in the IXINITY Instructions for Use on page 22 of the IXINITY package insert.
INDICATIONS AND IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATIONExpand
What is IXINITY®?
IXINITY [coagulation factor IX (recombinant)] is a medicine used to replace clotting factor (factor IX) that is missing in adults and children at least 12 years of age with hemophilia B. Hemophilia B is also called congenital factor IX deficiency or Christmas disease. Hemophilia B is an inherited bleeding disorder that prevents clotting. Your healthcare provider may give you IXINITY to control and prevent bleeding episodes or when you have surgery.
IXINITY is not indicated for induction of immune tolerance in patients with hemophilia B.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION for IXINITY®
- You should not use IXINITY if you are allergic to hamsters or any ingredients in IXINITY.
- You should tell your healthcare provider if you have or have had medical problems, take any medicines, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, such as over-the-counter medicines, supplements, or herbal remedies, have any allergies, including allergies to hamsters, are nursing, are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, or have been told that you have inhibitors to factor IX.
- You can experience an allergic reaction to IXINITY. Contact your healthcare provider or get emergency treatment right away if you develop a rash or hives, itching, tightness of the throat, chest pain, or tightness, difficulty breathing, lightheadedness, dizziness, nausea, or fainting.
- Your body may form inhibitors to IXINITY. An inhibitor is part of the body's defense system. If you develop inhibitors, it may prevent IXINITY from working properly. Consult with your healthcare provider to make sure you are carefully monitored with blood tests for development of inhibitors to IXINITY.
- If you have risk factors for developing blood clots, the use of IXINITY may increase the risk of abnormal blood clots.
- Call your healthcare provider right away about any side effects that bother you or do not go away, or if your bleeding does not stop after taking IXINITY.
- The most common side effect that was reported with IXINITY during clinical trials was headache.
- These are not all the side effects possible with IXINITY. You can ask your healthcare provider for information that is written for healthcare professionals.
For more information about IXINITY, please see full Prescribing Information, including Important Patient Information.
You are encouraged to report side effects of prescription drugs to the Food and Drug Administration. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
LUER-LOK™ is a trademark of Becton, Dickinson and Company Corporation.
Reference: 1. IXINITY [coagulation factor IX (recombinant)] prescribing information. Berwyn, PA: Aptevo BioTherapeutics LLC; August 2016.